Assisting Clients With Probate Litigation
Probate refers to the settling of the estate of a deceased person. Some probate matters are difficult to resolve because of technical legal complexities, while others involve family conflicts or problems with creditors. When probate disputes arise, the assistance of a skilled lawyer can make a big difference.
If you need legal counsel with regard to a probate matter, the attorneys of Pearson & Paris, P.S.C., can help you understand your rights and responsibilities, develop an effective strategy that takes all relevant factors into account and represent your interests in probate court.
We represent clients in probate litigation involving:
- Will contests: Wills can be contested on various bases, including problems with a document, execution of a will, or issues regarding the competence or ability of the decedent when he or she signed a will.
- Breach of fiduciary duty: When the behavior or judgment of a trustee, guardian or representative is questioned by a decedent’s beneficiaries, litigation can result.
- Insolvent estates: When an estate’s debts outweigh its assets, family members of a decedent may be unfairly pursued by creditors, previously unknown creditors may present debts or other difficulties can arise.
- Creditor issues in probate: These can include instances where assets in an estate are not applied properly.
- Undue influence, undue duress or competency issues: These can compromise or negate the validity of a will and create conflicts.
- Fraudulent transfers or conveyances: Creditors may pursue a decedent’s assets when fraudulent activity is suspected, and this can lead to lawsuits.
- Property distribution: Complications can arise when a decedent left no will.
Contact A Kentucky Will Contest Attorney Serving the Louisville metro area.
Our probate litigation lawyers are experienced in estate planning issues involving wills, trusts and powers of attorney, in addition to probate matters. Contact us for advice about your estate or probate situation.
It is important that you hire a skilled and experienced lawyer to handle your collections case in the Louisville Metro Area, Jefferson County, or across Kentucky.
Call us at 502-208-5170 in the Greater Louisville area and across the state of Kentucky.