Finding Favorable Solutions For Property Division

In a divorce, one of the most important questions you will face is how you and your partner will divide your assets and property. This topic can quickly become complex and contentious, even in amicable relationships. The assistance of a skilled divorce attorney can help you resolve property division issues as favorably and quickly as possible.

Let Pearson & Paris, P.S.C., guide you through the property division process in Kentucky. With more than 50 years of combined experience, our divorce attorneys have reached numerous favorable solutions on our clients’ behalves. We will work toward the property arrangement that works best for you.

What Counts As Marital Property In Our State?

The court considers property or assets that spouses acquire after the marriage to be marital property. After a divorce in Kentucky, this property is subject to division by the court. Marital property could include:

  • Income
  • Real estate
  • Automobiles, motorcycles or boats
  • Fine jewelry
  • Stock options

However, certain assets do not count as marital property in Kentucky, such as:

  • Assets that each spouse brings into the marriage
  • Assets that a spouse receives as a gift or inheritance during the marriage

How Does Kentucky Divide Marital Property?

If you and your partner do not reach a property division agreement, then a Kentucky court will issue a decision. Courts in our state follow equitable distribution laws. This means that they divide marital property fairly and equitably, but not necessarily 50-50 between spouses.

At Pearson & Paris, P.S.C., we can help you determine which of your assets are marital or separate property. Then, we can fight for a beneficial resolution for you, whether in negotiations or in court.

Find A Solution To Your Property Division Case

You deserve a skilled divorce attorney on your side to help you find a solution to property and asset division. Contact Pearson & Paris, P.S.C., at our office in La Grange and we can represent you. To reach us, call 502-688-5200 or send us an email.