Firearms and Weapons Defense Attorneys in Kentucky
Many people treasure their ability to carry a firearm, which can be tool for self-defense, personal protection, and outdoor recreation and hunting. The constitutional right to bear arms is commonly cited as a basis for gun ownership and use, and some Americans consider it to be one of their most sacred freedoms. However, criminal charges involving weapons are taken very seriously by prosecutors and law enforcement authorities – and these charges, ironically, can lead to a very real loss of freedom.
If you have been charged with a weapons-related offense in Kentucky, you may be facing very serious consequences such as incarceration. You can defend yourself against the charges with aggressive defense representation from Pearson & Paris. Our attorney is highly experienced at fighting charges involving:
- Concealed carry of a deadly weapon
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Defacing a firearm
- Possession of a weapon on School Property
- Possession of a handgun by a minor
· In addition to the above, many crimes become aggravated, and carry stiffer penalties when committed with a deadly weapon such as: assault in the first degree, burglary in the first degree, or stalking in the first degree.
When Weapons are Involved
·When a weapon is involved in any criminal act or in any instance when police are called to a scene, the weapon itself can become the focus of attention. If you aimed a handgun at another person, took out a gun during an argument or used a weapon to settle a dispute in self-defense, you may be surprised to be facing felony charges, and you may be in need of the strongest legal help you can get.
· It is important that you hire a skilled and experienced lawyer to defend you against any weapons charge in the Louisville Metro Area, Jefferson County, or across Kentucky.
Call us at 502-688-5200 in the Greater Louisville area and across the state of Kentucky.
Contact Our Firm in La Grange, Kentucky.
For an initial consultation with a Louisville criminal law attorney, contact Pearson & Paris. We represent clients throughout Trimble, Henry, Oldham, Jefferson, Shelby, and Spencer counties in such cities as Louisville, St. Matthews, Lyndon, Prospect, Anchorage, Hurstbourne, Middletown, Jeffersontown, Shively, Crestwood, Goshen, Buckner, La Grange, Simpsonville, Shelbyville, Mt. Washington and Shepherdsville.